Arenal Volcano Tour traverses the rainforest in which you will walk on a lava flow, also admire the Lake Arenal and its breathtaking views.
The Arenal Volcano tour starts with a drive to the active Western side of the volcano. Once there you will embark on a hike on a trail, which traverses the rainforest and crosses over a large lava flow from 1992. It is possible to observe a great variety of plants, wildlife and magnificent lava rock formations. Once on the top of the lava flow you will have a beautiful view of the Arenal Lake.
The hike ends up at a viewpoint, where if the weather allows, you will be able to feel and see the different factors that makes the Arenal an active Volcano. During the tour, our experienced guides will provide interesting and educational information regarding the history of the majestic mountain and the Arenal Volcano National Park. The tour concludes with a relaxing stop at the mineral hot spring. (Stop at hot springs is optional, entrance fee not included).
- Walk in the National Park to assess the effects of volcanic activity.
- Relax with natural mineral hot springs.
What You Can Expect
- We can expect a moderate effort and educational hike. Where our guides will tell you interesting facts about the volcano, its history, how does it work from the inside, how is been affecting the area, the people´s life and the local economy.
- During the hike we may spot some birds and native fauna of the place, as interesting flora which has prevailed in this difficult terrain.
- We offer this tour also combined with different choices of hot springs, to compliment a full volcanic combo experience.
Rates and transportation
Rates are based per person, in US dollars.
Volcano & Los Lagos Resort & Hot Springs $145.00us per person/
Volcano & Baldi Hot Springs $165.00us per person/
Volcano & Tabacon Resort & Hot Springs $175.00us per person
(Contact for availability and minimum persons required).