What makes Calypso so special: A wonderful day at the beautiful white sand beach of Tortuga Island, riding on the world class yacht catamaran Manta Raya, enjoying gourmet dining featured in Gourmet Magazine; our passengers get to enjoy a cruising experience UNIQUE TO CALYPSO CRUISES.
In the afternoon, Calypso’s Captain will cruise past many of the islands in the Gulf of Nicoya, taking a different route back to port; important to not only foreign travelers to see and learn more of Costa Rica’s history but also for national tourism and those who want to see up close, maybe for the first time, the beautiful and protected uninhabited islands and bird sanctuaries in the Gulf of Nicoya accessible only by water. This makes Calypso unique, combining the Tortuga Island Cruise with a Tour of Discovery.
CALYPSO’s complete One-Day-Vacation is a tour-de-force of all that’s magical about Costa Rica and is necessary before one can claim to have fully explored COSTA RICA.
Quality Beyond Expectations:
1. Comfortable bus transportation with A/C.
2. Bilingual guides, ICT certified (ICT – Costa Rican Tourism Institute).
3. Departure from our private dock after enjoying a hot typical Costa Rican breakfast served in Calypso’s restaurant.
4. Cruise the beautiful Gulf of Nicoya to Tortuga Island onboard Calypso’s catamaran Manta Raya in ONLY 90 minutes.
5. Delicious tropical fruits served on board Manta Raya.
6. Enjoy the Snorkeling Excursion and Banana Boat ride at NO EXTRA COST.
7. A four course gourmet lunch is served on tables each set with white linen under the shade of umbrellas and giant parachutes for a “Casual Elegant” dining experience.
8. Live music, Marimba Trio (the musical instrument unique to Costa Rica).
9. Guaranteed 5 HOURS on Tortuga Island.
10. Unlimited soft drinks and fruit juice, beach chairs, hammocks, volley ball court and slack line.
11. Calypso’s Bar serves tropical drink favorites at reasonable prices on board Manta Raya and at Tortuga Island.
12. Calypso’s bathrooms – Private for our passengers only.
13. TOUR OF DISCOVERY – An afternoon cruise of exploration around 7 islands in the Gulf of Nicoya.
14. ‘Snap Shots’ of our passengers are taken during the day and posted on Calypso’s websites & Facebook with easy download. This service is unique to Calypso.
What to take
When on a Calypso Cruise it is important to remember to bring with you the necessary items you will need for an enjoyable trip. Below is a list of suggested items.
- Casual clothes,
- Bathing suit or shorts,
- Sunblock and hat,
- Sunglasses and Camera,
- Tight fitting hat,
- Light weight long sleeved shirt,
- Rubber sandals, tennis or boat shoes,
- Don’t forget to pack towels,
- Extra Cash for: alcoholic beverages, optional tours, souvenirs, tips.
* High healed or hard soled shoes are not permitted on board yacht.